Two workers died in a milk processing plant in Trnávka, eastern Bohemia, on Wednesday of CO2 poisoning, while another six of the plant’s employees suffered light poisoning, the police said. The men died when rescuing their colleagues who opened a large whey tank to clean it. The latter were engulfed by poisonous gasses when they opened a cleaning hatch and lost consciousness. Two other workers came to their rescue and managed to pull them out. However, they themselves were unable to leave, and died of poisoning. The police suspects the workers were not using protective equipment.
Language exams for foreigners seeking permanent residency permit to become tougher
Czech teenager builds second-largest ever Millennium Falcon LEGO model
Gunman kills six patients in Ostrava hospital, two more fighting for their lives
Press: Era of 100-crown lunch special is over, as food prices rocket
HN: Developers aiming to sell co-living concept in Prague