The prosecution of Czech prime minister and ANO leader Andrej Babiš will continue over alleged EU subsidy fraud after the state prosecutor said a complaint against the ongoing case had been dismissed.
Babiš’ prosecution alongside six others in the so-called Stork’s Nest affair would continue after their complaint was rejected, the Czech News Agency said Thursday evening citing the spokeswoman for the state prosecutor’s office.
The spokeswoman confirmed, however, that the complaint by ANO deputy chairman Jaroslav Faltýnek had been upheld and prosecution against him and three others would be dropped.
The case focuses on alleged illegal use of 50 million euros in EU funding for a recreation centre and hotel from funding which should have been destined to support small and medium sized enterprises.
Karel Gott to get funeral with state honours as singer’s death is mourned at home and abroad
Beijing ends agreement with Prague – but can spat harm Czech capital?
Karel Gott’s Mona Lisa to be put up for auction
Czechs observe day of mourning for pop idol Karel Gott
Thousands pay tribute to deceased national pop icon Karel Gott