Work is about to begin on the renovation of a famous interwar express train known as the Slovak Arrow. A dilapidated model that stood for years in front of the Tatra museum in Kopřivnice in the Moravian Silesian Region has been transported to Hranice in the Olomouc Region, where it will be completely renovated at a cost of CZK 35 million over two years.
The train will then return to Kopřivnice where it will be installed at a new museum of Tatra cars in a former foundry. It will stand on tracks and be put into operation on special occasions.
Introduced in 1936, the Slovak Arrow ran on the line between Bratislava and Prague as the flagship train of Czechoslovak Railways.
March 15, 1939 – The day Czechoslovakia ceased to exist
“The English don’t do it that way”: three generations of a Prague family in London
Czech population hits 10.65 million, growth driven by immigration
DNA test traces direct descendants of Great Moravian noblemen
Czech firms increasingly doing business with each other in euros