A new altar at Prague’s 1930s Church of the Most Sacred Heart of Our Lord has been blessed. The altar, designed by architects Josef Pleskot and Norbert Schmidt, was consecrated by Bishop Zdenek Wasserbaur during a ceremony on Saturday evening.
The Roman Catholic church, which is located in the Vinohrady district, was designed by Slovene architect Jože Plečnik, who was also responsible for a number of other significant projects in Prague.
March 15, 1939 – The day Czechoslovakia ceased to exist
“The English don’t do it that way”: three generations of a Prague family in London
Czech firms increasingly doing business with each other in euros
Prague tops post-communist capitals in Mercer quality of living survey
DNA test traces direct descendants of Great Moravian noblemen