Free checks carried out on almost 7,000 bottles of spirits found that 40 contained potentially lethal amounts of methanol, the Czech Republic’s chief hygiene officer, Vladimír Valenta, said on Thursday. Mr. Valenta said the tests, which were carried out by officials from his agency, could have saved the lives of the owners of the spirits. Last year 42 people died in the Czech Republic from drinking poisonous bootleg booze and the sale of all spirits was banned for a fortnight.
Archaeologists unearth seven graves dating back to Great Moravian Empire
“Einstein in Bohemia” – Part II: how alienation in ‘half-barbaric’ Prague led him to a new theory of gravity, eventual love of a free Czechoslovakia
Ron Perlman: Cinema is a much bigger art-form than superhero movies represent
“Einstein in Bohemia” – part 1: how a Prague sojourn sparked his theory of general relativity, journey of self-discovery
Valentine’s Day 1945 - When the Americans bombed Prague