A family of three are in critical condition after consuming poisonous wild mushrooms. Kromeříž hospital, where they were admitted with symptoms of severe food poisoning, had them transferred by helicopter to Brno where there is a unit specializing in such cases. Mushroom picking is a national pastime which thousands of Czechs engage in during the summer months. People are repeatedly warned not to pick mushrooms they do not recognize.
Archaeologists find unique grave of Roman era warlord in Uherský Brod
Czech Ambassador to Ethiopia Pavel Mikeš: ‘If you wait long enough, an egg will walk on two legs’
New debate erupts over use of -ová suffix in Czech female surnames
Divided by Freedom – Large-scale Czech Radio survey finds six social classes in Czech society
Josef Becher – the man behind Czech Republic’s iconic liqueur