Eleven people were hospitalised following a carbon monoxide leak at the ice hockey arena at Prague’s Výstaviště exhibition grounds on Sunday evening. Sixteen people inhaled the poisonous gas during a training session for amateur hockey players. Fire officers said the carbon monoxide had escaped from an ice resurfacing machine.
The Malá sportovní hala (Small Sports Hall) dates from the early 1960s. As well as sports events it is used as a concert venue and has hosted the likes of the Rolling Stones, Neil Young and REM.
Czechs charge foreign “universities” over scam targeting students from India, Bangladesh, Nepal
Study: Climate change replaces terror attacks as Czechs’ biggest fear
Czech property prices rose 10 pct by Sept. last year, among steepest increase in EU
Prague hopes to turn ex-hospital where Jan Palach died into ‘Museum of Totalitarianism’
President slams security agencies over “campaign” against Huawei