The European Commission will resume payments into seven Czech operational programmes, Czech Prime Minister Petr Nečas said on Monday referring to a telephone conversation with European Commissioner for Regional Policy Johannes Hahn. Payments into 14 out of 17 Czech programmes were put on hold earlier this year over control and auditing issues. After a review of a Czech strategy to remove these problems, the European Commission will renew payments in the coming days, Mr Nečas said. The Czech Ministry for Regional Development said around 900 million euro could be released as part of these programmes until the end of 2012; however, it’s not clear if and when funding of the remaining programmes could resume as well.
Czechs and Germans in 1930s Czechoslovakia: a complex picture
Wide range of events in store for Czechs this weekend as 30-year anniversary of Velvet Revolution reaches climax
Study: Airbnb to push Prague citizens out of wider city centre
Shabby pub profits from nostalgia
Hundreds of thousands again gather in Prague to voice their opposition to prime minister