The Czech government responded in favor of the strike on Syria launched by the US, Britain and France. The attack sends a clear message to those who do not shy away from using chemical weapons, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a press release on Saturday morning.
Foreign Minister Martin Stropnický also confirmed on that as NATO ally the Czech Republic had been informed about the attack, although he didn't specify whether he was informed of the attack in advance. Prime Minister Andrej Babiš said the attack on Syria had been inevitable, emphasizing the Czech Republic clear stance against the use of chemical weapons.
The presidential office, on the other hand, condemned the attack and accused certain media and non-governmental organizations of supporting the war.
Czechs set to go beyond EU proposals on ‘dual quality’ foods, products with outright ban
Major new residential and office district to go up in Prague’s Hagibor district
From underground bunkers to “Fire Mountain”: how Prague’s poorest have lived over the centuries
Czech hiking trails mark 130 years
Rainbow Map of Europe shows relative position of sexual minorities worsening in Czechia