The regional court in Hradec Kralove has sent a Czech man to six years in
jail for child pornography. The man, the last of a four-member gang to be
sentenced, was found guilty of producing and selling child porn photos and
videos to clients abroad.
The case involved over 100 children aged between seven and 18 years, with whom the gang allegedly made over 600,000 pictures and videos. The man partially admitted his guilt.
The district court in Pelhřimov on Wednesday heard testimony from expert
witnesses and defendant Petr
Weiss, charged with causing the deaths of two people and seriously
injuring a third person in a car crash in 2016.
The prosecution is seeking almost 20 million crowns in damages on the behalf of the bereaved.
The defendant told the court he had no recollection of the accident; if found guilty, the well-known sexologist and public figure could face up to six years behind bars.
Eleven people have been charged with producing and spreading child pornography, according to the National Centre for Combating Organised Crime. The centre’s spokesman said investigations were still continuing. The charges follow a police swoop on suspects in June in which seven people were detained and addresses at 17 locations searched in the Liberec region.
The regional court in Hradec Králové has ruled on a case involving child pornography. The organizer of the child porn ring was sentenced to seven years in jail, the others received two to three year sentences. The group abused over 100 children from socially weak families telling their parents they would be taking photographs for ads and foreign magazines. The ads appeared on paid child porn sites and made the ring over 5 million crowns.
The trial of four people charged with production and distribution of child pornography began at a court in Hradec Králové on Tuesday morning. The group allegedly abused over a hundred children, taking their photos and making video recordings in a studio in Červený Kostelec, in east Bohemia, and then selling them abroad. They earned up to five million crowns. One of the accused is a mother of two of the abused children. Police had been monitoring the group since 2013 and detained them in March last year. If convicted, they would face up to fifteen years in prison.
The future of some 470 children who were placed in children’s homes operated by the Fund for Children in Need is uncertain. To this day, the charity owes the state more than 22 million crowns in overdue social and health insurance payments for its employees, and currently faces a threat of property seizure.
The Czech police, in cooperation with their colleagues from Spain and Sweden, have finished investigating a large-scale case of production and distribution of child pornography, a police spokeswoman told the ctk news agency on Saturday. The investigation has been going on since April 2013. Three Czech and one Ukrainian nationals, who were arrested in March last year, allegedly abused nearly 100 children and minors aged between seven and 18, under the guise of shooting commercials; they then sold the material to paid online sites and private clients abroad. The police have also tracked down transactions amounting to 15 million crowns. If convicted, three of the men face up to 10 years in jail while the main organizer could land a 15-year term.
The most discussed documentary at this year’s Jihlava festival was Daniel’s World, a portrait of a non-active pedophile and other members of his community. Protagonist Daniel, who is in his 20s, speaks candidly about his love for a five-year-old boy – and about his responsibility to keep his urges in check. First-time director Veronika Lišková handles the subject sensitively – but why had she wanted to tackle such a thorny issue in the first place?
The Czech police have cracked down on an international child pornography ring, a police spokeswoman said. Three Czech and Ukrainian nationals have been arrested and charged with producing and selling child pornography; another four people have been detained in Spain, France, Sweden and Canada. The police say the men, operating from a house in Červený Kostelec, east Bohemia, abused at least 70 children and minors aged between seven and 18 under the guise of shooting commercials; they then sold the material to paid online sites and private clients abroad. The police have also tracked down transactions amounting to 15 million crowns. If convicted, three of the men face up to 12 years in jail while the main organizer, a 57-year-old Czech, could land a 15-year term.
A leading Czech propagator of naturism, Ivo Žurek, has been sent to three years in prison for distributing pictures of nude children. According to the court Žurek and four other suspects from Poland took pictures of nude children at a naturist beach and then sold them to third parties. Some of the photos ended up on an American server. Žurek said in his defense that the photos were made to propagate naturism, but according to the state attorney he and others repeatedly put pressure on children and youths between 3 and 17 years of age to take their clothes off and allow themselves to be photographed on the beach in return for MP3 players and small gifts.