No Czechs are believed to have been killed or injured in the terror attack in London on Saturday night, according to Czech public service broadcaster Czech Radio. Czech ambassador to Britain, Libor Sečka, told Czech Radio that the identification of some victims is still though continuing. The identities of some of the victims has been released by police. The attack, in which a van was used to ram people and the attackers then used knives, resulted in seven deaths and almost 50 injuries. The three suspected attackers were shot by police.
Czech Foreign minister Lubomír Zaorálek has condemned and offered condolences for the latest attack in London. Around six people were killed and around 50 injured in a van and stabbing attack in the London Bridge and Borough Market district of the city on Saturday night. The attackers used the van to run down people and later attacked with knives. Reports said three attackers had been shot. Czech interior minister, Milan Chovanec, said later that there was no need to call a meeting of the government's State Emergency Council or change the country's security level, currently at level one on a one to three scale, with three the highest.
The Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that no Czechs were killed or injured in the Manchester terror attack. The attack on Monday night killed 22 people, of who two were said to be Poles, and injured at least 59. The British interior minister said the young man who is believed to have carried out the attack was probably not acting alone. Britain late Tuesday rose its security alert to the highest level amid concern that another attack could be pending.
Czech political leaders, including Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka and Foreign Minister Lubomír Zaorálek, have expressed condolences to the families of victims in Britain after an apparent suicide bombing in Manchester killed at least 22 people and injured 60 others. Children were reportedly among the fatalities. The bombing, which investigators are treating as a terrorist attack, occurred at Manchester Arena where thousands of people had been attending an Ariana Grande concert. The guardian.co.uk reported that the police were investigating whether the alleged bomber, who was dead at the scene, was part of a larger network.
Politicians across the Czech political scene have been expressing their solidarity with the United Kingdom in the wake of Wednesday’s terrorist incident in London. The attack, in which a driver ploughed into pedestrians along Westminster Bridge, and then stabbed a police officer outside the Houses of Parliament, has so far caused four confirmed deaths, with dozens more injured.
Czech prime minister Bohuslav Sobotka said Czechs stood with Britain after the attack outside the House of Parliament, Westminster, London, on Wednesday which left four dead and the attacker shot. .He recalled that the attack occurred on the anniversary of the Brussels terror attacks a year earlier. Foreign minister Lubomír Zaorálek said his thoughts were with the families of victims. He tweeted from an international meeting in Washington coordination action against Islamic State and preparing for reconstruction in Iraq and Syria. Police later corrected the death total death toll to four. The Czech foreign ministry said Thursday that no Czechs were among the victims of the attack.
The sound of sirens - the Czech Republic's early-warning system - is one that many people have come to dread. Some remember the sound from the time of the floods three years ago, but today fears are just as strong of a man-made catastrophe. Since the terrorist attacks in New York, Madrid and London the fear of a possible bomb attack is never far from people's minds. Although the Czech intelligence services say they have no indication of any imminent threat to this country, the Czech government wants to make sure that the country's police and rescue
Czech authorities have said no subsequent security measures have been
planned following a series of blasts in London on Thursday. Interior
Minister Frantisek Bublan said current measures were sufficient, and that
there was no need to call a meeting of the National Security Council.
Czech Foreign Ministry spokesman Vit Kolar meanwhile said that not enough
specific information was currently available. On Thursday four detonators
exploded in the London subway and on one bus, injuring one, two weeks
after suicide bombers killed more than 50 people in the British capital.
London Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair called Thursday's
in London "very serious". Two suspects have been taken into
Following the deadly attacks in London on July 7th the Czech Republic reinforced police patrols at key sites including the Prague metro, railways, airports and strategic buildings, as well as border crossings.