Almost half of the wild boar in Bohemia’s Šumava mountains demonstrate excessive levels of radioactivity, according to the head of food safety section at the State Veterinary Administration, Jiří Drápal. The problem is caused by a type of underground mushroom eaten by the boar that is capable of retaining radiation from the time of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986. Humans would need to eat around 40 kilogrammes of contaminated meat a year to risk being affected, experts say.
Sociologist: Many of the basic values heralded in the 1990s have been practically abandoned
Class photo in Teplice daily sparks hate speech on social networks
Jihlava - the city of Mahler´s childhood
Czech cannabis market suffers growing pains
Racist comments about Egyptians by deputy governor uncovered by Hlidacipes